Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cptpower

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Calgary, AB
I've got a bit of a strange one here. I don't know if this is Leopard-related or not, but here's my problem.

When I go to change my desktop background, I'm given the option to pull pictures from various folders. These folders *used* to include a folder that contained a bunch of pictures I downloaded from Astronomy Picture of the Day. Now, that folder is no longer there, and instead I get what you see in the attachment; 2 aperture projects folders (one cannot be opened).

And on top of that, if I try to add my backgrounds folder manually again, it says it is already part of the source picture list; and the option for me to remove folders from that list is greyed out (the minus sign; can't click it).

Anyone have any thoughts at all???

Attachments

• desktop&SS.jpg
    desktop&SS.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 148

cptpower

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Calgary, AB
Never mind; figured it out.

Seems that Aperture was the culprit here. I had a demo of it installed, and for whatever reason it started hijacking that change desktop screen.

Uninstalled the demo & removed the Aperture Library from my User/Pictures folder, and all is well again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.