Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyebeaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2006
Alright so I have a macbook, and so does my girlfriend. When changing the desktop background, the selections "Fill screen, Stretch to fill screen, Tile, and Center" do different things on our computers. For example if she selects "Tile" it puts a large picture tiled as several little pictures. If I select tile it tiles it but at the original (large) resolution, it doesn't make it smaller. Is there anywhere to adjust these settings or is this abnormal?

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
Is it the exact same picture cause they might just have different sizes. If you open up the picture on her computer in Preview at 100% and do the same on yours and the picture is for some reason smaller or larger then that is the case.

Also, it might just be the resolution of your screens being different which causes the image to appear larger or smaller.

eyebeaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2006
Is it the exact same picture cause they might just have different sizes. If you open up the picture on her computer in Preview at 100% and do the same on yours and the picture is for some reason smaller or larger then that is the case.

Also, it might just be the resolution of your screens being different which causes the image to appear larger or smaller.

Yea these are two things I have taken in to account. It's the same exact picture from the same camera.. very strange. And our screen resolutions are the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.