Desktop background turns blue?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Rhei, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Rhei macrumors member

This hasn't happened to me before, but recently when I plug/unplug my MBP from power, my desktop suddenly loses the image I had set for the background and gives me a blank blue screen.

For clarification, it's not that I lose the screen itself physically, only the image I had set for the background.

I'm trying to remember what I had installed last. I think it was just Mac the Ripper and some things from Steam. I had also upgraded the RAM to Kingston's 8 GB HyperX 1600 kit, but that was a few days or so before this issue as well.

Has anyone else had this issue? Not troubling really, just slightly annoying.

Stats:

Brand new MBP 2011 Hi-Res AG

2. falsecathedrals macrumors member

I am also having this issue with my 2011 MBP. Do you have gfxcardstatus installed? I think it has something to do with the settings and when the graphics card switches from discrete to integrated. The way I have it set up on my computer is if it's unplugged its on integrated to save battery life. When it plugs in it goes to discrete. That's usually when I notice the background going blue. I don't know how to fix the problem though.