Desktop going white

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by insomniac321123, Dec 19, 2007.

1. insomniac321123 macrumors 6502

Everytime I close an application, my desktop goes white. I have to open and close a full screen application to get the desktop picture to come back. Any clue what could be going on?

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Well, the "what" sounds like the buffer of the desktop image is getting wiped somehow. That of course doesn't explain the far more important why, nor what to do to fix it.

I've occasionally seen that happen to a small area of the screen due to a badly misbehaving app, but rarely and never on that scale, so I'm a little at a loss as to what might be causing that.

Are you using any system hacks? What about any apps that might be doing something major with the desktop (like a desktop screensaver app, for example)?

Also, so it's clear what the issue is, do your desktop files show up ok and just the background goes white, or is EVERYTHING going white, icons and other windows included?

3. insomniac321123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just the background. Nothing else i can still see the icons and everything else. Im not using any desktop apps.