Desktop icons move around

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by timotay89, Aug 6, 2011.

1. timotay89 macrumors regular

Since I've installed Lion, my desktop has (on numerous occasions) rearranged itself randomly. I'm not accidentally doing it, the last time it happened was when the computer was restarted.

Has anyone else been having this problem, or does anyone know how to fix it?

2. swamyg1 macrumors regular

I this problem also, VERY ANNOYING!!! Did you find a fix?

3. donkeyshane macrumors newbie

Still Nothing?

Has ANYONE found a reason for this? Or a fix? It is driving me crazy! The damn windows remember what was open and where they were, but not the desktop icons? WTF?:mad:

4. Time Clock Guy macrumors newbie

OS X desktop loses icon arangement

This happened to me when I first installed Lion, and I still have not gotten them all arranged right again, but was getting close. Now this morning they are all broken again. All I can think of is I had just moved the computer last night, and couldn't remember if it was on or asleep, figured it didn't matter and pulled out the power cord.

Apparently it was on and asleep because it took a long time to reboot and when it did it had all the icons randomized and to the right of my desktop, losing all my careful grouping and placement once again :(

When I get it fixed this next time I am taking a screenshot!!

5. KenOzz macrumors member

KenOzz

Although I don't have that problem,

I find that in Lion, that disk's mounted on my desktop, will just disappear after sleep, it is quite annoying having to keep remounting them after every macbook sleep

6. asb1230 macrumors newbie

Same thing happening here

Same problem is happening to me. It happens when you log out fully. Whether it is from rebooting or just hitting log out, this is when it happens. I assume it is just a temporary bug that will get fixed. The OS is still quite new. I recommend everyone here goes to Apple's feedback page (just search apple feedback on google) and report this.

7. swee5420 macrumors member

Same here!!!

Same case here, looking for fix!!! Happens after i updated to 10.7.1

8. timotay89 thread starter macrumors regular

9. awimbowep macrumors newbie

Still happens for me with 10.4. It seems random, but it may have something to do with me changing the resolution every now and again. Either way, the behavior I see is unacceptable with icons ending up outside of the viewable area, all stacked on top of each other.