Desktop icons playing hide & seek

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by tixrus, Apr 25, 2014.

1. tixrus macrumors newbie

I was recently having some trouble with my Macbook pro… but all hardware checks out so I rebooted… so I have my audio recorder plugged into USB port and my audio recorder creates files with awesome names like file042.mp3 so I was in the process of changing them. I have done this many times before with no issues. But today all the icons disappear from the desktop including the drive icon for the recorder and its open window. I wait a few seconds then it all comes back but very annoying because I lose the edit I was in the middle of. Running 10.7.5 Will see if problem leaves when I unplug the audio recorder. It is a M-Audio micro track 24/96 in case anyone cares.

----------

I ejected the drive & completely unplugged it and the desktop is still wigging in and out. I have a few more icons on the DT than you're supposed to have so I will file some and see if it solves the problem.

2. tixrus thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem went away

I did my 3rd or 4th complete reboot of the day and the problem seems to have gone away. Still I feel like a shoe is gonna drop, but OK.