Desktop picture problems?!?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theuserjohnny, Sep 28, 2012.

1. theuserjohnny macrumors 6502

So when I first got the rMBP I changed my desktop picture to "Batman" and all was fine but recently I changed it to something different and I've noticed that every time I turn off the computer and such when I turn it back on it reverts back to the Batman picture.

So I tried to delete the photo of the Batman picture and when I rebooted the computer instead it went to the default desktop picture.

And yes automatic switching is off.

It's kinda odd, I've read other people having the issue and they've tried deleting the "playlist" thing off and it hasn't fixed the problem for them.

2. rrm998 macrumors regular

rrm998

Following the advice in another post, I deleted the desktop's .plist and then killed the dock to reset the desktop. That has cured my issues with the wallpaper being reset. At least so far.

3. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

Do you ever use an external monitor? This sometimes happens to me when using my cinema display.

4. rrm998 macrumors regular

rrm998

I use two external monitors, one DVI and the other Thunderbolt. Yes, I used to see the same issue when I would undock from the external monitors too. But that issue stopped after reseting the desktop as well.

I'm assuming that the issue still happens but I've updated my default to be the directory I wish to rotate images from so that when the OS resets to default now I get my default instead of Apple's.

Did you say you tried deleting the plist? I did that, killed the dock, set my new wallpaper directory and options, then rebooted. Worked for me.