Desktop pictures do NOT rotate/change on secondary display

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Geoff Myers, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Geoff Myers macrumors member

For some peculiar reason, my desktop pictures do NOT change / rotate on my secondary display.

I have a MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2007) running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and I have dual displays. My primary display (the MBP screen) DOES change / rotate picture every minute, but I want my secondary display to do the same.

It seems that restarting does fix it, but only temporarily. I think it might have to do with plugging/unplugging the secondary display and sometimes if it's working, I disconnect and reconnect the monitor and then the pictures stop rotating.

All my desktop picture settings are correct in System Preferences. I tried unchecking then rechecking the "Change picture:" checkmark, but that doesn't fix anything. I also tried clicking on different folders in the left column of the Pref Pane, then clicking back on my chosen desktop pictures folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :)

2. wilsonjm macrumors newbie

Hi,

strange that no one has posted a reply yet, can't believe no one has a similar issue.

My problem is similar but I have only one monitor. I have created a folder within my Pictures folder and have told System Preferences to change the picture each day by clicking the checkbox. If I set it to a smaller duration, say 1 hour then the picture changes ok. But after a restart, regardless of the duration I have set, I get the default starfield background.

This used to work fine under 10.5 and this is the first time I have tried under 10.6. I tried renaming the file com.apple.desktop.plist under Home folder/library/prefs but to no avail. I even created a new user profile but the same happened.

Anyone else experienced something like this? Anymore info from the OP?

Regards,

Jeremy

edit: all pictures are jpgs and I can view them fine in Preview. I have also checked all relevant permissions

3. Lex Yu macrumors member

Are you using custom color profile which isn't set default by Snow Leopard system? If so, turn back the color profile setting to the default one which might be named as Color LCD or your Mac model name, I.E., my MacBook's default color profile is named as Color LCD, yet my iMac's color profile is named just as iMac.