Desktop Question.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Caris, May 31, 2008.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

Hey everyone, i didn't know where to post this so i figured the beginners section would be best.

Basically i have my HDD's on my desktop with the information showing, but it says there is only 3GB free on my 250GB HDD when there really is about 140GB free. OSX is doing the same for my Time Machine drive as well, i just want to know if there is something i have done wrong or if it is just a general bug.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

It says ...3, because 3 is the final number in a long number too big to fit, increase your grid spacing to see the whole number.

3. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

Nah thats not it mate, just changed it and it said 13 but that's still wrong, i have 141GB free.

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

no it is the problem... just adjust your grid spacing more and you'll get 113 probably.

5. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

Actually I also see the problem. My grid spacing is at the max, but by increasing the font size from 12 to 14, now it shows correctly.

With the finder in the foreground click on the Desktop. Then go to the View menu and select "Show View options". Increase your grid space and your font size.