Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nokq

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 17, 2003
My desktop is flashing, presumably when someone signs on or off from ichat. I checked my accessibility settings and the Flash Screen on Alert option is UNCHECKED. What gives? I installed Tiger by reformatting my drive. Anyone else have this problem?

nielsvip

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2005
My newly bought G5 running 10.4.1 has the same problem, but it happens mostly when scrolling or viewing moving images. The screen 'flashes', as if the connection with the video card is momentarily lost.
However I do not know whether it is a video card issue or a Tiger problem. Anybody?

Sean7512

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2005
Hmm...that is odd, I have NEVER seen that. I would call Apple support just in case, You don't want it to keep doing that for a while, then somewhere down the road it goes for good and with no warranty. I'd call just to make sure, if they say it's nothing, then at least you know for sure.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
This also happened to me once since installing Tiger when using Adium had no idea what caused it...

I suppose it is a Tiger Problem..

ShaDOW ;)

EDIT: I think it could be a 10.4.1 problem as i never experienced it during 10.4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.