desktop screen PANIC no driver for platform

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by biggles824, Sep 13, 2008.

1. biggles824 macrumors newbie

i have this screen on repower and or reset and have no LED on the mouse or arrow icon on screen.i was timing out on a deletion on the DVD folder before this and hit the power button when the time out ecolor wheel went for 20 minutes thinking this would cclear it.when i repowered i ended up with thw gray screen with the power button icon in the background and white/gray sentences with black behind all the messages..last line on the page says.........Panic:We are hanging here.. tried all the resets/repower and key stroke combos out of the manual. any help thanks

2. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

Not knowing what your system specs are...

Have you started up using the system disc? You should be able to recover using it.

3. biggles824 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks........G4 processor 1 meg,memory minimum 64 meg/max 1536 meg appreciated on the procedure to get it back up if i install the system disc.

4. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

Press c as the computer starts up with the system disk in it; it will boot with that disc. From the installer menu pick Disk Utility, then your system HD disk information, then first aid and run it. See if it will boot to the HD after doing that.