Desktop Sharing (e.g. WebEx) on MBPR

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ladeer, Jun 27, 2012.

1. ladeer, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I haven't tried it with a MBPR, but I use TeamViewer, which is free for personal use and works with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Ubuntu, iPhone, iPad, etc.

It has an option to view the remote in original size or scaled to fit the local screen.

3. orion123 macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm having the same issues here: It's pixely at best, and you have to move it to the corner of the screen. Screenshots are also way too big. That's great and all, but I hate resizing to make them work.

Wish Apple would fix the screenshot issue. I think it's on WebEx and the other screensharing programs to update their apps, which I doubt will happen soon.

4. ladeer, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012

ladeer thread starter macrumors 6502

that only works if you share your desktop.

if you share just an application, what happens is it will get the pixel location of the application and become completely screwed up.

this is what viewing from a regular 1920x1020 screen look like. the viewer changed the view to "fit the window" or "100%" they all look the same bad.
    if you do 25% then you still see the same image (corner of a browser) but much much smaller, with the rest of the window being green.

[​IMG]

5. orion123 macrumors regular

Well, I heard from Citrix/GoToMeeting. They're working on it now and should have a fix out sometime in July. Hopefully the other vendors get on it!

6. ryane67 macrumors member

This is good to know, I'd think they would have a relatively easy fix software-wise. I had not even thought about this as an issue.

7. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

We use Microsoft Lync at work for screensharing and i am concerned that it is going to be troublesome as well with rmbp

8. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

I think it will be - or at the least require a work around. We can do some testing to see if using a remote machine or a VM is a viable work around.

At the end of the day I think if we can just force a true 1440x900 with switchresX then that would correct any issues on the viewer's end.

Lync will change your life...

9. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

So far - i am really enjoying Lync. We have the full implementation of voice and everything. It has eliminated cisco desk phones, webex, vidyo, etc. It has also eased our ability to communicate with remote teams. Very cool stuff!

10. hogsdill macrumors member

Sounds like we have a Microsoft evangelist in the forums. ;) Might want to wipe the drool off your Microsoft keyboard.

11. technoaliasgar macrumors newbie

Try using gomeetnow application sharing service in order to have good quality application sharing, power point presentations, resizing windows as per attendee’s requirement etc.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

gotomypc has issues with the rMBP. I'm surprised they haven't corrected the issue yet. The rMBP has been out for some time, plus now that apple released the 13" rMBP it impacts more users.