Desktop shenanigans

Discussion in 'macOS' started by goodwing, Oct 22, 2012.

1. goodwing macrumors newbie

Hi folks here's the issue on my MBP running 10.8.2;
    I have 4 'spaces' desktops, each setup with a different desktop image. Recently, I decided to change these images that I'd been staring at for 12 months. All is well. BUT, I noticed that when I connect my MBP to a projector via the display adapter, that the desktop images changes back to the previous images. If I unplug the adaptor, the new images pop back up.

I've opened the system preferences pane when the adaptor is plugged and then went to Desktop. Strangely, it shows the 'new' desktop image in the little panel as being active although clearly it's not the actual image used. I'm attaching an example below.

Clearly this is not a big issue - although I imagine if somebody had 'racy' images it could be embarrassing if not career damaging. This being said, I hate not knowing why something happens and/or how to fix it. HELP! Thanks! :)

Screen Shot 2012-10-22 at 3.49.02 PM.png

2. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

are you using the projected image as an extension or a clone of the main display? Also, if you change the BGs to the new one when the projector is plugged in does the problem continue to happen after subsaquent plug ins? I know that neither of these will offer a final solution, but it could help get us down the path to a proper answer.

3. goodwing thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your response - I set up the MBP so that what's on the screen is also on the projection. Not sure what category that falls under - I suppose it's a clone. Any ideas?