Desktop site in safari

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wetcanvas, Aug 1, 2017.

1. wetcanvas macrumors regular

in mobile safari there is an option to request desktop versions of websites. With the 13 inch iPad I would rather see full websites instead of mobile versions but the option seems to be a per website basis. Is there a way to get desktop versions of sites automatically?

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

So...on the 13" iPad holding down the refresh button (curved arrow) and selecting "Request Desktop Site" doesn't work for all sites?

You could always get Opera Mini and change the default user agent in the app's settings.

3. wetcanvas, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017

wetcanvas thread starter macrumors regular

I havent tried that method. I have been clicking the box with the up arrow on the righthand side then scrolling the bottom row to the left and there is request desktop site. it remembers the site choice but seems to be a site by site bases. I will try your method and see if that works.

Also I cant seem to figure out how to get back the mobile site once I choose desktop site. the same button doesnt allow you to switch back and forth.