Desktop video recording software for Mac.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by luffytubby, Feb 17, 2008.

1. luffytubby macrumors 6502a

luffytubby

When I used Windows I had this great little program called fraps(www.fraps.com which could record video of the desktop or whatever was running on the desktop. The cool thing about it was that it didnt slow down the computer, even under intensive use. It could even record sound seamlessly in the background. Unfortunately it does not work for Mac:( And it seems like it never will. It runs on DX9 and DX10, so not even Fusion or Parallels would be able to make it work:/

I have looked and looked and looked, and it seems like that there are no great programs of this type on the Mac. Everyone that I have looked at looks like either a system hog, or a choppy overpriced bugged failure, that im afraid won't be compatible or stable.
    I need a program of this kind to record certain things in the desktop enviorment. Doing the TiVo thing with a TV screen is not an option, neither is recording the footage I need from outside the screen.

I really need this. If anyone know of a good program that will work with good framerate, even under intensive use, please let me know.
    I should have thought of this a long time ago. I just thought that instinctly it wouldnt be a problem when using a Mac.:/

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

3. suprajoe macrumors member

4. krye macrumors 68000

krye