Desktop vs Laptop

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BlackBlade, Jan 4, 2010.

  1. BlackBlade macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2010
    #1
    Ok here's my dilemma, i have a pc laptop which is serving me fairly well (as well as a windows machine can) but i want a mac and i have been saving for a while so i am either getting the quad core imac
    http://store.apple.com/ca/browse/home/shop_mac/family/imac?mco=MTAyNTQzNjA

    or the MBP for the exact same price

    http://store.apple.com/ca/configure/MB985LL/A?mco=MTM3NDczMDg

    so was wondering which i should get and i dont use the laptop alot out of my house and also i want to do some moderate level gaming on it but i like the idea of a laptop for thoes times when i need to do some work on the go.
     
  2. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #2
    The laptop you choose is capable of gaming.

    The iMac will be faster of course, but you have to decide if you want mobility over speed and screen size and HDD space.
     
  3. iDisk macrumors 6502a

    iDisk

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2010
    Location:
    Menlo Park, CA
    #3
    You sound like the type that will always find a reason to still "need" windows, which in Mac Reality you don't. So I suggest you keep you PC Laptop :( and have it has your "Mobile Gamer" machine........... besides you can Modify it and make it solely for your gaming purposes on the go.

    I would buy the iMac if your buying before the 26th-27th of this month.

    Though the iMac will be excellent for gaming (I don't game BTW). Plus the MacBook Pros are creeping on a refresh so to buy one now would be naive.

    iDisk


    :apple:
     
  4. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

    pukifloyd

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2008
    Location:
    Scottsdale
    #4
    I suggest you go for the MBP ( but not before 27th of this month ) as you need portability...the MBP should be fine for gaming...

    also look at the refurb section here (if you want to buy before 26th/27th of january)...you could save some money and buy apple care(which you should buy within a year of your purchase...it would be very helpful as repair costs on MBP can go over $1000 sometimes)

    If I were you I'd wait for the update this month and then buy the MBP and also buy an external display...that ways you have portability as well as the large screen...

    peace.
     
  5. BlackBlade thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2010
    #5
    Clarify

    I was kinda wondering where you got the 26-27th of this month from cuz i did some looking and found nothing
    also i have decided to wait for the possible update (plz note the word possible) and then make my decision but by all means keep the discussion going i would like to know your opinions!
     
  6. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #6
    http://www.appleinsider.com/
    http://www.macrumors.com/
     

Share This Page