Desktop wallpaper & Dock App Store

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by lovelldr, Jul 6, 2011.

1. lovelldr macrumors newbie

Hi.

Upgraded to the GM last night. Had changed my wallpaper, so it shows random pictures from my iphoto events changing every minute, and fit to screen. Shutdown macbook this morning, started up, and I get back the space picture again :confused:

So, went through, and changed it all again. Shut it down, loaded back up, and again I have the space picture. Any way of permanently making it keep my wallpaper settings?

Also, I removed the App Store from the dock, as I don't wanna keep it there, as it's just taking space up... But, upon each restart, that comes back as well. Any way to permanently remove it? I'm quite happy to go to the App store by clicking on the Apple menu... In SL it used to come back every now and again, but only after usually running a software update. In Lion, it's always coming up after each restart!!!

Many thanks :)

2. satkin2 macrumors regular

3. lovelldr thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, for the App Store icon, I finally found an option for "Keep in Dock" which was ticked. Didn't notice it first time when checking, and couldn't find anything else. But that one appears to be sorted...

So, all I'm looking for now is how to get the randomised pictures from iPhoto to stay... Could well be a bug, but could well be summat I overlooked :p

4. Nero Wolfe macrumors regular

Nero Wolfe

I ran across an (seemingly) intermittent problem with permissions on my Home folder (or maybe just my Library) being set incorrectly which prevents Apps and OS X from saving preferences from time to time. So sometimes my Dock doesn't hold changes I make and Apps crash when they try to read/write preferences. This may be my fault as I keep my user folder on a separate volume. I fixed the problem by taking ownership of the entire Volume and Users folder.

5. lovelldr thread starter macrumors newbie

Just in case anyone else has this problem, I found the following solution to sort it out: