Desktop wallpapers shortage

Adam14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
After doing a clean install, I've noticed how there are hardly any desktop wallpapers left now... They've even taken all those away! lol :)

DollFaceDork

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2011
Narnia
I have the Cycle App... It searches RSS feeds etc from the internet and sources wallpapers...

Pretty cool.

You can set it to change the wallpaper every 10mins etc too and add your own RS and Flickr feeds...

Comment

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
:D

My problem is that Desktop & Screen Savers System Prefs keeps forgetting the image folders I add to it.
You need to start a different thread, we can't fix more than one issue at a time ha ha

That is a little strange. Have you deleted the .plist file for the screensaver. If the folder structure is stored there. Maybe even the desktop one since it is what is changed.

Comment

Infrared

macrumors 68000
Mar 28, 2007
After doing a clean install, I've noticed how there are hardly any desktop wallpapers left now... They've even taken all those away! lol :)
I think it's probably to keep the download size reasonable.

Comment

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Sautee Nacoochee, GA
I noticed this too and considering that I never change the default wallpaper I guess it's not a big deal. However, I'd still like the option. Does anyone know the disk location of the wallpapers? Maybe I can pull the old ones off my SL disc.

Thanks.

Comment

Icy1007

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Cleveland, OH
I installed right on top of Snow Leopard. I have all the new Lion wallpapers and all of the Snow Leopard wallpapers.

Comment

Scat

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2011
I really like the wallpaper with the elephant, maybe that's a hint to:

Mac OS X 10.8 - Elephant ! :D

Comment

87racer

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2010
Oregon
I noticed this too and considering that I never change the default wallpaper I guess it's not a big deal. However, I'd still like the option. Does anyone know the disk location of the wallpapers? Maybe I can pull the old ones off my SL disc.

Thanks.
"/Library/Desktop Pictures/"

Comment