Desmay Slight - Anyone recieve it yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dabears, Oct 19, 2011.

1. dabears macrumors member

I ordered the Desmay Slight on Oct 14th and I got a order confirmation email from them but haven't heard a thing since then. Anyone order this case recently and either got theres or have some sort of shipment confirmation?

2. rperalta macrumors 6502

Hey dabears,

I would check your Spam folder first, if it's not there, contact Desmay via email at info@desmay.com. I'm about to order one for myself and had questions. I contacted them via email couple of times and they responded right away.

Anyone has this case, and would you recommend it over naked (screen protector front/back/sides)?

3. dabears thread starter macrumors member

I emailed them and they responded that it shipped but didn't give much detail beyond that. When I placed the order about a week or so ago they mentioned it would take about 10-14 days so I guess I have a few more days to go.

I ordered a black one for my black iPhone 4s...hope it looks nice

4. zp3dd4 macrumors member

I just received mine in the mail (canada). They mailed it last thursday / friday. It fits really nice and feels like its part of the phone. It won't protect much apart from scratches though.. (it's really thin)

5. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Got this case for my wife's black 4S and just ordered one for me (white 4S).
    Case is a perfect fit, almost feels like nothing is there. It great for those that don't drop their iPhone but want something to keep it from getting scratched up. The feel of the case is also very crisp and doesn't attract any dirt/hair/dust.

Very impressed with it.

6. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

Just ordered one for my 4S. Look forward to trying it out. I've had an Incipio Feather on my 3GS for years, so dealing with minimal protection won't be a big adjustment. I always used the feather for scratch protections anyways, and looks like the Slight should fit the bill perfectly. I especially like how it covers the top of the stainless steel band, unlike most snap-on cases for the 4.

7. rperalta macrumors 6502

The black Slight is the best color for the black iPhone 4S.

I ordered a black one also for me. I asked Desmay and Jason (Product Manager) responded in minutes and recommended the black color.

I order yesterday and shipped within couple of hours -- I was surprised it shipped right away, at least the package is moving over the weekend.

8. Mac-Maine macrumors member

Hopefully someone from Desmay is reading this but WTF at EVERY color being sold out

Come on guys

9. thatdrewguy macrumors regular

I ordered a black cover on October 16 and have received NO confirmation from Desmay. Not the best customer service.

I hope the quality of the cover makes up for the wait and lack of feedback from Desmay.

10. rperalta macrumors 6502

Don't just wait for the email from Desmay. I would follow up with another email and ask for status.

11. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Sorry you are having issues.
    Ordered a second case on their website. Both times used Paypal.
    Received an email a few hours ago that its ready for shipping.

Have nothing but good experience with them so far.

12. thatdrewguy macrumors regular

Nope, nothing in the spam folder but I did drop them an email and the response back was it got shipped on the 17th.

Chalk this up to an internet glitch... :)

13. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Let us know what you think of it once you spend some time with it.

14. drkash macrumors regular

A question for someone who has the Desmay...
    What does this case feel like? Does it add any grip to the iphone (or is it slippery like with no case?)?
    Thanks

15. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

It's not that grippy, but it has a feel to it, not as slippery as the iPhone by itself.