Desmay Slight with lay flat protection

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tl01, Oct 10, 2012.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

I want a case like the Desmay Slight but with lay flat protection. Is there such a thing for the iPhone 5?

2. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

3. nies macrumors 6502

4. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

This would be the holy grail of cases for me, but, nope - never seen it.

5. geoelectric macrumors 6502

geoelectric

The Photive Natural Slim has a small amount of lay-flat protection, but it's so small that there's a fair amount of skepticism. A lot of Amazon reviews claim it has none, and I've corresponded with one poster on here that says his is touching the table on one side.

I tested mine with paper slid underneath the screen, as well as holding it up to light, and can say that mine gives maybe a mm of buffer, if that, but there's definitely a little bit of raised bezel at the corners (but not at the sides).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0097BZNPK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

6. AlterZgo macrumors member

I'm genuinely curious - why do people want the "lay flat protection" for the front glass? It's gorilla glass that virtually never scratches or breaks as long as you're not dropping it from arm height onto concrete. Additionally, who actually lays their phone down glass first on a table anyway? Mine is always face up so I can see who's calling, texting, emails, etc.

I have a case that has glass protection. What I find is the lip around the glass immediately captures dust and pocket lint all the time. It's also harder to wipe the front face as dust just gets caught at the edge where the lip meets the glass if you try to wipe the front. Furthermore, the lip makes it slightly harder to register finger taps at the sides of the LCD screen.

I've since ditched my case with "lay flat" protection and the front of the phone stays much cleaner and easier to keep dust and smudge free with a simple swipe across my jeans.

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Why don't you get the Desmay Slight and just never lay it on the screen? If you don't like the phone lighting up your room at night, turn on Do Not Disturb.

I think that'll be easier than searching for the case you described. I doubt it exists because a thin edge that sticks up past the screen would be prone to cracking.

8. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I would like some protection for the front bc I have two boys. They play with my phone. While I have AppleCare+, I still would like some sort of protection for it when they are using it.

9. phillypharm macrumors regular

just don't let them use it.. :eek:

10. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Impossible;).

11. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Yeah, then they'd have to be sneaky to use it (forbidden fruit and all) and either you end up at work with no phone, or they accidentally break it trying to hide it.

12. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

A. It's not gorilla glass.
    B. Even if it was, gorilla glass scratches too.
    C. Check the main iPhone forum if you're really curious; new posts about faint, mysterious or unexpected scratches on the screen show up weekly.