Desparate Address book problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by elaandthejs, Nov 21, 2011.

1. elaandthejs macrumors newbie

I have recently moved the entire family to icloud under one apple ID. This was very stupid and we quickly realised that we needed to create separate Apple IDs for everything except store purchases. However my husband and I have one address book. I need to get him a copy of the contacts onto his icloud ID. How dod I do this?

So far I have tried by exporting the address book to an Address Book archive. I drop boxed this over to another computer. On this computer I put the new apple ID in Address book preferences having already deleted all the contacts that were in there. then I imported the new contacts. Looked perfect till I looked in address book preferences to find my apple ID had been imported with the addressbook.

Can someone tell me how (simply) i can upload the contacts to my husband icloud?

2. Dock Status macrumors regular

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Don't get a separate app, which won't help anyways.

Just go into Address Book Preferences, delete your iCloud account, and add his. Let it sync, and you'll be good to go!

EDIT: Just to be clear, I mean on his computer where you transferred the contacts to.

jW