Desperate Help needed. (new comp)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by brittabee, Jun 25, 2011.

1. brittabee macrumors newbie

Hi, i really need some help....

I have just purchased a new computer, because my last one crashed and I have no access to it what so ever.

Now I want to set up itunes again. I have everything on my phone and would like to transfer it all over to my new computer but cannot seem to work out just how to go about this!

Is there a way to get everything (songs, contacts, photos, notes)???

Please help!!!

2. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

Without access to the other computer, I don't think so. Do you mean no access as in it won't boot, or no physical access?

3. brittabee thread starter macrumors newbie

i still have the old comp but it wont turn on..

4. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

The easiest way, assuming your hard drive isn't physically broken, is to buy one of these SATA/IDE->USB adapters. Take out your hard drive, plug it into this adapter on either the IDE or SATA port (depending on what kind of HDD it is, b/c it only fits on one or the other). Then plug in the power, and hook the USB to the new computer. It will show up like an external drive, and you can copy your music and other data from the old hard drive to your new computer, then re-sync the iPhone.

That $6 adapter is one of the handiest things to have for computer problems ;)