Desperate need of a phone...wait or buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dabills80, Feb 2, 2009.

1. dabills80 macrumors member

Before posters get annoyed by the "wait or buy" theme of this message, understand that I NEED a phone; my old iphone was fried by a wall charger. After reading through the buyers guide it hinted that a new phone was coming out soon, but no estimate on what month. Does anyone have a clue when it would be coming out?

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

if you need a phone and want the iPhone, then buy the iPhone. Why wait?

waiters only get into a perpetual loop of always waiting and never buying. feel me?

3. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

4. schizoidwoman macrumors regular

On top of a steep hill in West Yorkshire.
    If you need a phone, buy a phone; there's no sense in waiting for something if you need it right now!

5. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Just go buy one now. It's not gonna be until July we see the next iphone. Plus iphones have great re-sell value. You can sell the one you buy now and get the new one later.

Point is, never wait.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, if we knew a phone was coming out in 2 days, then THAT would be a time to wait.

But in this case, yeah, I wouldn't suggest waiting 5 months.

7. rarity macrumors regular

rarity

8. KBV1 macrumors regular

KBV1

i was in the same mind... wait or buy. I have decided to wait LOL. My current contract does not run out until July so i thought i might aswell wait and no pay the hefty fine for canceling early. If there is a new iPhone or not i will definatly be getting one the beginning of July :D

9. DLyman macrumors member

Buy it

I say buy it now. You need a phone now, so that would be the logical answer to it.
    What charger were you using that fried your phone?

10. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

Good advice. Buy now.

11. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

so, what did u mean? wait or buy? LOL...:)

12. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

New one could be soon, but could be as much as 6 months away. If this weren't an urgent situation, i'd say wait. But since it is urgent, you should buy. No question.

13. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Exactly.

14. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

I Lost my ipod touch (1st Gen - 16Gb) a couple weeks ago.... it was frickin hard to get over it!! well..... and i decided to get an iphone.... but jump for the 3G? or just get a 1st gen iphone?? welll i decided to wait 5 ir 6 months to get the new one! i know it'll be big this time!! let's hope apple won't let us down!!:D

15. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

HeHeHe!!
    Just made my day!
    An Epic answer for an Epic question!! (which, ironically, i'm stuck in!! LOL)

"iPhone: to be or not to be?"

16. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

why not just buy a cheap phone to hold you over until june/july

17. apple281 macrumors member

I did the same as you and waited 6 months before the 3g came out after losing my 2g. Those were the worst 6 months of my life lol. Just buy one now!

18. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Unless the new ones are released at the end of July right? :D

I'm waiting as I currently have a phone I don't NEED an iPhone right this minute so Ill wait and see what happens if anything in the coming months.

My suggestion as someone else posted above if you don't NEED an iPhone right now then buy yourself a crappy little phone for maybe 30-40 bucks and wait.

Good Luck with your decision. :)

19. SatanLover macrumors member

Wait or buy? the two aren't mutually exclusive, how about... wait and buy! or... buy and wait! or... don't wait and don't buy! seriously though i would just buy it, in my opinion the next generation iphone won't be out until at least august. i know the buyer's guide says "don't buy" but in reality the iphone is mid product cycle

20. MiamiBourne macrumors regular

I was going to wait and then decided to buy it about 2 weeks ago...couldn't be happier. The phone is awesome. If they do come out with a newer one in July and it's worth it I could always sell the one I have...but right now it does everything I need and it was long overdue.

21. nippyjun macrumors 65816

If you need it now get it now. You can get the new one if and when it comes out.

22. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

You're "desperate" for a phone yet you ask if you should wait or buy now? I think you answered your own question.

As far as the next revision, all signs point to June-July. I wouldn't be shocked at a storage bump any given Tuesday, but all the bells and whistles changes will be in the summer.

23. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye