Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Well I finally got my apple av HDMI adapter, and for the first time since getting my rMB was able to use "clamshell" mode. It has only been two weeks, and I already cannot stand the old keyboard...at least the standalone version. It is definitely more "stiff" than what the pros have.

Who is with me! We need the new keyboard in a wireless stand alone option.

Apfpilot

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2012
I go both ways on this. I love the keyboard on the rMB and find myself finding things to type just so I can use it. However on my desktop I have a mechanical keyboard with the Cherry MX Blues that is clicky as can be and has a huge travel and I love it too.

bibyfok

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
France
Well I finally got my apple av HDMI adapter, and for the first time since getting my rMB was able to use "clamshell" mode. It has only been two weeks, and I already cannot stand the old keyboard...at least the standalone version. It is definitely more "stiff" than what the pros have.

Who is with me! We need the new keyboard in a wireless stand alone option.

Count me in! Everytime I have to use a regular keyboard or the "old" Apple keyboard I feel typing in the past :p

melb00m

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Got it yesterday and... yes, count me in. The butterfly keyboard is smooth as butter :D

polee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
I think both types of keyboards have their pros and cons. I have to admit that I have gotten used to typing on the butterfly keyboard though I would prefer slightly more travel.

Starfia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2011
Oh, that's good to hear. This year was my introduction to the realm of the mechanical keyboard enthusiast, so I'm probably avoiding both for some time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.