Desperately need butterfly stand alone keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mattopotamus, May 12, 2015.

1. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Well I finally got my apple av HDMI adapter, and for the first time since getting my rMB was able to use "clamshell" mode. It has only been two weeks, and I already cannot stand the old keyboard...at least the standalone version. It is definitely more "stiff" than what the pros have.

Who is with me! We need the new keyboard in a wireless stand alone option.

2. Apfpilot macrumors regular

I go both ways on this. I love the keyboard on the rMB and find myself finding things to type just so I can use it. However on my desktop I have a mechanical keyboard with the Cherry MX Blues that is clicky as can be and has a huge travel and I love it too.

3. bibyfok macrumors 6502

bibyfok

Count me in! Everytime I have to use a regular keyboard or the "old" Apple keyboard I feel typing in the past :p

4. melb00m macrumors regular

Got it yesterday and... yes, count me in. The butterfly keyboard is smooth as butter :D

5. Theophil1971 macrumors 6502

Theophil1971

I'm with you. The "old" keyboards feel archaic to me now. Much prefer the new, butterfly model.

6. polee macrumors 6502a

polee

I think both types of keyboards have their pros and cons. I have to admit that I have gotten used to typing on the butterfly keyboard though I would prefer slightly more travel.

7. Starfia macrumors 6502

Starfia

Oh, that's good to hear. This year was my introduction to the realm of the mechanical keyboard enthusiast, so I'm probably avoiding both for some time.