Desperately need help fixing Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jumpman25, Sep 25, 2008.

1. jumpman25 macrumors regular

My attempt to fix the den't on the top case of my Macbook Pro has gone horribly wrong. I ordered another casing to replace my damaged one, took the macbook pro apart, removed the back casing (the part the covers the LCD), and tried to install the new one. It didn't for the life of it want to fit. I ended up using a bit of force and part of it popped in but the other side wouldn't go in. Then it wouldn't come back out so I had to pry it out. So now I can't figure out how to get this stupid thing to go in. Also, There is a small rectangular magnet that seems to have some loose from the Macbook pro and I have no idea where it came from or what it's for. So anyway, if anybody has any idea how to get that back lcd casing to go in, and also where that magnet came from, any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Right now I'm stuck with a $3000 hunk of metal.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

The magnet is part of the display latch. It belongs in a little slot on top of where the display sits. As for the casing, I'm not sure why it won't fit - I've never disassembled a MBP before.

3. Radio Monk33 macrumors 6502

You might want to cut your losses and get it to a repair shop..