Desperately need help re Flash in Safari

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DaveFP56, Jun 17, 2010.

1. DaveFP56 macrumors newbie

I have the latest downloads of both Flash and Safari. Flash files ie Youtube won't load. On other pages the video space is blank.

A see Fash installed as a plug in but it does not load.

Any ideas? Many thanks

2. gugucom macrumors 68020

gugucom

I had a similar problem and installed the flash player again. it worked then.

3. DaveFP56 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I have reinstalled a couple of times; really scratching my head...............

4. Bruntoj macrumors newbie

No flash surfcams but youtube works

Since the recent SL patch I can't view my surfline webcams (www.surfline.com) in Safari. I get no picture unless I right-click and bring up that settings panel that asks about permission to use your Mic or Cam, and then I see the webcam picture behind it. Close the settings popup and I lose the picture. Frustrating.

I've deleted the Adobe and Macromedia related plugins from both Internet-Plugins folders and reinstalled Flash player and shockwave and rebooted a few times. Coincidentally, I CAN see and hear youtube.

Any help appreciated.

5. Bruntoj macrumors newbie

fixed, for now

retrieved an old version of the plugin.app from time machine from earlier this week.

First deleted flashplayer plugins from the internet plugin folders in Library and user library. Also deleted some .xpt files without really knowing what they were.

Sucks that I have to go to an older less-secure version for it to work. Becoming less enchanted with the Mac experience.