Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zendog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
All too frequently my mba just loses contact with my bluetooth mouse (bluetake name) (batteries tested and good). This is often followed by a total freeze requiring a restart. I also have the go to sleep not wake up problem occasionally. The machine has been to apple repair for that problem. Tech support just had me do a system management restart (press shift,control, option and power let rest for 5 seconds, press power).

Any other bluetooth problems out there and if so any diagnosis or solution?

hohohong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2007
This happens to me a lot too! Especially after waking..... I have to restart to reconnect or manually remove existing connection and re-pair the connection again.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Never had that issue. Used a LogiTech BlueTooth mouse, and an Apple Wireless Keyboard and never lost the connection.

Has to be a problem with that MBA, right? Might as well take it in, unless a bunch of people reply it happens to them.

Good luck.

ehlfg

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2008
I had multiple disconnects daily with my Logitech Bluetooth mouse, both on a MacBook Pro and a MacBook Air. The mouse would reconnect after a few seconds, but the interruption finally got annoying enough that I switched to a Logitech Vx Nano. I plug the Nano USB dongle into a hub (which is also used to connect my Time Machine drive) and then the hub into my MBA.

The Vx Nano works much, much better. No disconnects ever, and the mouse tracking is much better as well.

I use my MBA in a fairly dense environment with many WiFi networks, so that may be a factor.

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
I have never had any issues with Apple's BT mouse and keyboard on my MBP. However, I have never tested them on the MBA since the MBP is 17 which made it suitable as a desktop replacement unlike the MBA.

However, I tried them on my iMac and they still worked perfectly.

ducatidoc

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2008
i regularly have issues with the BT on my mba. i gave up on a wireless mighty mouse after junk got around the nub. returned it for a rocketfish bt mouse from best buy, but returned that due to issues with the connection dropping out all the time (similar to what you describe - loses signal, wont return until after a reboot except did not freeze my computer). now have a microsoft bt mouse if you can believe that and it works great.

also using the apple bt keyboard which has always worked flawlessly with my mba.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.