Desperately seeking help with slideshow creation in iDVD!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by WilliamG, Dec 1, 2009.

1. WilliamG macrumors 604

Hey all,

Normally I can figure these things out for myself, but this one has got me stumped. I'm creating a wedding DVD slideshow for some clients (for the first time), and I'm using iDVD to do so. I have it all working great, I set the transitions to match the music length so the slideshow and music ends at the same time.

Now here's the problem:

I have the transitions set to "dissolve," which I prefer. When I test it on the computer, it works great. Very smooth transitions etc etc. However, when burned, no matter what DVD player I play it on, the transition is smooth EXCEPT just at the end of each photo's fade in where's there's a noticeable brightness change "jump." I hope this explains things well enough. I've tried burning it again, to no avail.

Does anyone have any tips on how to make this play back properly on a DVD? The audio is smooth, and the images are smooth fading in except for that last second where the fade becomes a "jump."

Thanks for any help you can offer! I'd like to get this DVD out in the next day or two, so all help appreciated!

Heck, even if you have an alternative for an easy-to-use slideshow-DVD creator, please let me know...!

2. RHVC59 macrumors 6502

I have no answer, but I'm wondering how you got Idvd to work at all. Are you using 10.6.2 and iDVD 08 or 09? I am trying to make a wedding dvd of my Niece's wedding, using 10.6.2 and iDVD 7.04...:(

3. WilliamG thread starter macrumors 604

I'm 10.6.2 and 7.0.4 and not having any issue at all loading iDVD... What problems are you having?

Oh, and to update on my DVD-creation issue, it has the problem even when I create a DVD image to play back on my computer. *sigh*

4. RHVC59 macrumors 6502

I have been able to resolve my problem, at least I think I have:rolleyes:

Tonight I reinstalled Snow Leopard and updated the install to OS X 10.6.2 (10C540), fired up iDVD 7.04 one more time, and it worked.

The themes loaded. a stopping point before, I was able to load and work on a project and burn it to an image, and use the disk utility to burn a disk that works in our DVD!:)

Not sure why this time it worked, but it did.

So, a reinstall of SL worked for me, I did not even have to reinstall all my apps.

5. WilliamG thread starter macrumors 604

But are your dissolve transitions super smooth? They simply aren't for me. (I'm glad you got it to work, though!)

6. RHVC59 macrumors 6502

I would not call them super smooth. and I noticed the sound is sometimes a bit choppy. But at least it burnt a disk... I am still not overly impressed with the program as a whole.

7. WilliamG thread starter macrumors 604

The interface is pretty simple, but the finished product is junk and unusable. A real shame, really.

*deletes iDVD*

8. bkaatz macrumors newbie

I'm doing a wedding slideshow and having the same issue. Have you found a solution?

9. WilliamG thread starter macrumors 604

Unfortunately not. I just gave up, sadly. :(