Despite constant whining, iPhone 4 still getting stellar reviews

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sean4123, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

I just wanted to point out that despite all of the negative press and huge whining that is going on here in particular, I have yet to find a negative review of the iPhone 4. This is, of course, reviews from reliable, knowledgeable, and legitimate reviewers. So if anyone is on the fence because of all the garbage people are spewing about the iPhone, take a look at some PROFESSIONAL opinions.

2. draz macrumors 6502a

This is a help forum... expect to read problems and complaints more than praises

3. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Also, no one is whining that the iPhone sucks, people are "whining" because many of us got bad units (and I didn't say all or even most) and we want them fixed. No one here is disputing whether the iPhone is a great device or not, most agree that it is great, just that the quality control and costumer support this time around hasn't been as stellar as it has been in the past.

4. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

It is a discussion forum, it is not a help forum.

In fact there is another specific forum here for iPhone help and troubleshooting.

5. iphoneguy123 macrumors regular

Clearly,you have absolutely no idea what whining means.

Owned.

6. Sean4123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Clearly you're one of the whiners, and obviously have no idea what owned means. Get a job and a girlfriend.

7. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Agreed.

8. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

You think the media is filled with PROFESSIONALS?

They are people with opinions, nothing more, nothing less.

The MSM is for hire and has been for a long time, mainstream, tech, whatever.

I'll even go the extra tinfoil hat extra mile and say that Apple knew for sure there was an issue the reviewers got good phones.

9. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Of course it is! Do you know the definition of "Professionals"? Obviously not - Look it up in a dictionary ;)

What?! :eek: Rubbish!

10. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

You wouldn't make it off your starting block then. That would make you a failcat on a tinfoil roof. Ha.

From Mossberg's June 22 review:

"Yet, in some places where the signal was relatively weak, the iPhone 4 showed no bars, or fewer bars than its predecessor. Apple says that this is a bug it plans to fix, and that it has to do with the way the bars are presented, not the actual ability to make a call. And, in fact, in nearly all of these cases, the iPhone 4 was able to place calls despite the lack of bars.

However, on at least six occasions during my tests, the new iPhone was either reporting “no service” or searching for a network while the old one, held in my other hand, was showing at least a couple of bars. Neither Apple nor AT&T could explain this. The iPhone 4 quickly recovered in these situations, showing service after a few seconds, but it was still troubling."