Despite the full media attention low number of reports

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hasanahmad, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

2. Epiphron macrumors regular

That video comparing the ease of bending iPhone 6+ with other phones already show that the 6+ is much more vulnerable. You need to consider that most casual users won't be on internet forums and that it's only been a few days after release

3. Bobo03 macrumors regular

I like your crusade, and I'm sure Uncle Tim will be proud of you, but WOW with the multiple threads.

4. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

Whats the pay at Samsung that you get

5. wxman2003 Suspended

At least we know the silicone Apple case provided no protection.

6. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

Ease? His thumbs were white and his hands were shaking. An iPhone 5 and 5s would bend too. Did the media go bonkers with that? Of course not. This is a combination of perception where the phone is thin and can be bent so the perception is its very easy to bend. Can you imagine what effort it would take to do that kind of bending in your pants?

At least we know that in 2 months time when it's still a low number of users, people like me will laugh at those panicking. I am being realistic. Why not wait until it's 5000 users by end of the month before we panic. I don't even think we will get to 500 total

Even if they are not on the forum they are on twitter and Facebook right? I mean we have a total of 2 twitter users i have counted. Don't you think there would be more

7. rhylin macrumors member

Don't you think it's easier to bend a 6 inch phone rather a 5 inch.. Or is physics completely disregarded at this point?

8. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

It's hard still. Don't you remember the bent 5s everyone forgot in a month?

9. Epiphron macrumors regular

Read what I wrote more carefully. I said ease compared to other phones, like the Galaxy Note, which when applied with even greater force, barely bent at all compared to the 6+.

Also you seem like you're trying to deny yourself from the truth. Do you have a 6+ yet? If you do and it's been in your pocket, then alright. Good luck.
    But if you don't, stop posting things like you know what other people are dealing with right now.

10. Bobo03 macrumors regular

Witnessing your obsession with Apple advocacy is plenty!

11. wxman2003 Suspended

Exactly. You build a 1 mile long case as thin as a iphone 6 case and put a marble on it, it probably would bend. If Apple wanted to make the 6 plus less prone to bending like the 6, they would need to make the aluminum case thicker to offset it's length and width to be in equal proportion to the 6. 3 dimensions, where Apple in this case used only 2 dimensional thinking.

12. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Everyone wants a reason to hate on the most successful smartphone of 2014.

13. rhylin macrumors member

Despite the full media attention low number of reports

Success has nothing to do with an enormous flaw in the 6+ design and Apples negligence in creating a stronger aluminum

14. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

It's an enormous flaw if it happens to everyone like xbox red ring of death. This is no where close to that because if it was an enormous flaw we would have 500,000 users out of 6 million with the issue rather than 500

15. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Says the guy crusading for apple hahaha oh god

16. scrtagntman macrumors regular

Maybe they like Apple and want them to step up.

17. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

Hah... I enjoy how your personal research is somehow justification enough for your claim that there are a low number of reports.

None of us know how many Apple customers have complained to Apple about this.

It might be 50 people, it might be 500,000.

You'll never know.

18. hasanahmad, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

You wouldn't think a simple twitter search would bring up any results. Go ahead and search anywhere on the web . All reports come back to macrumors. In the age of social media you would think there would be something of substance outside macrumors

Every user I have asked to search outside of macrumors has wimped out because they are not able to found anywhere of any substance. Go ahead I challenge anyone to find me anything of substance outside of macrumors

19. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It's obvious that if a couple of random posters on Macrumors say there's a problem, it's a "something-gate". This is the center of the universe where phones bend, screens yellow, tabs reload, and batteries overheat. Please don't bring the real world into this. You will ruin the fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.