Detailed iPhone Upgrade Information

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jw nyc, Jun 8, 2009.

1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Just got off the phone with my at&t rep and he gave me some details about upgrading to the new iPhone...

1. Stores open 7am on the 18th for pre-orders
    2. Many lines are eligible for something called a "secure upgrade" which basically means that even though an upgrade isn't technically available for your line, you could pay $75 and get the $199/$299 price point
    3. There is another option for certain lines called an "early iphone upgrade" which gives certain customers the $399/$499 price point

Now I'm not sure what makes different customers eligible for what but he said my line was eligible for both secure and early upgrades. I figure I'll pay the $75 and $299 for the 32GB iPhone 3GS. $375 is a lot better than $499! Just thought I'd pass along the info.

2. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

Thanks for the info. I was wondering what, if anything, would allow me to upgrade my 3G for a *reasonable* price. Looks like I'm out of luck...

I fail to see what the greedy, cash-loving AT&T offers in the "early upgrade" option since $500 is pretty g*ddamned expensive IMO. Why not just say "hey, you get to pay full price!" as it's pretty much the same.

Anyway, I'm in an AT&T hating mood tonight...

3. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

For the 'secure upgrade' is that for any 3G customer? When did you get your 3G?

4. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

Anyone have luck purchasing (upgrading) to iPhone 3GS online? I keep getting error messages.. Maybe it's not ready yet? I would Apple would just take down the link for now..

5. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I was able to order online. I bought my current 3G on December 23 and I was able to buy the new 32GB white for the early upgrade price of $499. My order completed without any problems.

7. Shabbis macrumors regular

How did all these 3G owners sign a contract that states you are eligible for a subsidized phone when your two year contract is up get missed?