iPhone DetailedBatteryUsage Stats CONSOLIDATED

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Vanilla35, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Vanilla35, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014

Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

Hey guys, so I figured I'd set up one thread for everyone who is maybe questioning their jailbroken devices' battery life. This thread is meant for those who are either concerned, determined, or just curious about their devices battery life. If one of the above adjectives describes you, I would suggest installing the tweak DetailedBatteryUsage and joining the club :D

This way we can all share our data and try to help each other out

2. Vanilla35 thread starter macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

So I'll start - I've installed many tweaks, most very small, seemingly harmless (to battery) tweaks...such as zeppelin, noredirect2appstore, NoTracking+, PowerDown, ShowCase, Slide2Kill8, TypeStatus, etc. I do also have Springtomize and HideMe8, but my point is I don't have anything that would obviously drain battery. No themes going on either atm.

Here are my stats *see attachment*

What do you guys think "discoveryd" means, and do you guys have any idea what tweaks could be encouraging that battery drain? My device isn't draining in any obvious way, it just seems like screen off time is where my phone is draining more than previously (before jailbreak/installing various tweaks). My phone only has 2 hours of screen on time right now, it was a very light day since I didn't use it much during work.

Attached Files:

3. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

Isn't discoveryd a wireless network daemon ?(feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) You don't happen to have anything like insomnia installed do you?

4. Vanilla35 thread starter macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

Hmm, good call. With your suggestion I think Untrusted Hosts Blocker might be the culprit. I installed that earlier today, so I just got rid of it, and will see if that was the "discoveryd" activity. I've noticed other "background activity" other than that near the top 5 highest draining activites. My "ScreenOff" was once in the teens (13%, I think), and "backboardd" as well was high one day.

5. thenakedshades macrumors newbie

any idea how do i reset the total drain and also the active usage to 0 everytime i fully charge?

6. Vanilla35 thread starter macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

I was actually just thinking about that a minute ago. I know someone created an extension so that the 24 hours changed to "since fully charged" but I can't remember if it was on this forum or when I was just generally looking something up on Google. Definitely would be more helpful though, when it comes to testing out potential battery drain culprits.

7. iaymnu macrumors 6502

I believe this is what you are looking for. This has the "time since last full charge" whereas the orginal one doesn't DETAILEDBATTERYUSAGE ENHANCER

----------

There are 3 files you can delete. it is located in /var/mobile/Library/BatteryLife

Deleting those 3 files (not folders) will result in a reset. But it resets everything. I have yet to find how to just reset total drain.

8. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

How do you download this? Thanks

----------

Anyone know what mediaserverd (background activity) is? It's used 23%

9. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

DetailedBatteryUsage Stats CONSOLIDATED

Mediaserverd is related to music and video streaming and syncing mostly I believe.

10. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Thanks. I did watch one Youtube video yesterday. Had to see what the big deal was with the "Chick Chick" video that's gone viral :p I'm not much for streaming music or video, so maybe that will go down in the future.

11. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

I have Untrusted Hosts Blocker installed and discoveryd is 1% for me. That is one tweak that I love.

12. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

Home and Lockscreen seem to be my number 1 battery drainer at 18% in the last 24 hours.

Could it be Forecast?

13. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Is DETAILEDBATTERYUSAGE ENHANCER the other custom version I've been hearing about lately? Which is best overall? I'm also wondering if both are on Cydia so it'll be easier to know of updates.

14. dereknas macrumors regular

dereknas

Can't find the detailedbatteryusage enhancer. Is it in another repo?

15. iaymnu macrumors 6502

It's not on the repo. the developer feels if he puts it on Cydia it will "one up" the original developer of DetailedBatteryUsage

----------

There are only 2 I know/found. the original and the enhanced

----------

download on computer and manual install the deb file or install with ifile.

16. Vanilla35 thread starter macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

You were right, that's exactly what discoveryd was. Deleted the tweak and it's not even on my list now, after 48 hours, and my drain seems to be gone.

For whatever reason I was getting some bad drain because of it. Would love to have a real ad blocker though. I might buy ad blocker 2. Anyone have a comparison on that vs. untrusted hosts blocker?

17. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I gave DETAILEDBATTERYUSAGE ENHANCER a chance and I gotta say, I like it more than the original. Gotta respect that the author doesn't wanna over shadow the original but he should have this puppy on Cydia because its amazing lol

18. Dizle macrumors 6502

Can someone explain what this does? Do you have to reset it each day, or is it automatic? I like seeing my usage times for each charge

19. Vanilla35 thread starter macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

Automatic. If you download the "Enhancer" version above it'll be per full charge.

The tweak replaces the stock battery usage (just shows percentage, I believe) - gives you a graphical representation of you 100%-0%, and also shows you the detailed/specific battery usage of each app, instead of just the percentage.

20. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Any chance an option shows current usage levels in mw? I miss that from BatteryDetective and looks like this just shows usage when a specific app was in use.

21. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

I couldn't figure out how to download it through iFile. Can you give me directions? Thanks

22. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Follow this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdslm1h4m3xu9sf/com.efrederickson.batteryusageenhancer_0.0.1-16_iphoneos-arm.deb?dl=0

It'll lead to the Dropbox with a download, click it and then it'll show the file in a new page and in the upper right will be an ifile option, select and it'll take you to ifile. Select the install option and once it's done just reboot your phone

23. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

24. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

No prob

25. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

I see it in my Cydia apps now as BatteryUsageEnhancer.