Details not announced....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by urban.spaceman, Sep 14, 2012.

1. urban.spaceman macrumors member

There's a couple of minor details that haven't been disclosed on the Apple website or at the launch - specifically relating to iOS6 - that I was hoping might still possibly be on the device. I was hoping that the iPod touch would get some features that are so far only on the iPad.
    First off, the ability to lock orientation to whatever it is orientated to at that time would be extremely useful.
    Second would be extra multi-touch gestures like on the iPad. Obviously four fingers up/left/right would be tricky in portrait mode, but handy in landscape (esp. if you could lock it that way). If not these exact gestures some sort of control or choice would be great, in a BetterTouchTool kinda way on the mac.

Thoughts?

2. caribou123 macrumors member

My thought is that the Touch is always going to have a subset of the features of the iPhone, and so will never have something that the ipad has which the iphone doesn't. The loop thing on the touch is an exception, but I don't view that as a real feature, its more of a form factor thing.

3. jbimler macrumors regular

4. urban.spaceman thread starter macrumors member

It only locks to portrait mode.

5. coolguy879 macrumors member

It's too small for landscape.

6. urban.spaceman thread starter macrumors member

I beg to differ, I prefer using it in landscape as it offers a bigger and better keyboard experience

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

Right! I find the portrait keyboard very difficult to use.