Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
I'd sure like to know exactly what facilities are in the new Control Center. I cannot tell from the photo available from the Apple show today, and the descriptions mention three or four items that can be "controlled," and says there are others.

Would someone who knows care to post a list of what is in there and what the "toggles" do? Some are obvious, some may not be, and some are unknown, at least to me.

Many thanks!

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
http://www.apple.com/ios/ios7/features/

Do what you need to do. Quick.
Turn on or off Airplane mode, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Do Not Disturb. Lock your screen’s orientation or adjust its brightness. Play, pause, or skip a song. Connect to AirPlay-enabled devices. And quickly access your flashlight, timer, calculator, and camera.

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
Thanks. I was hoping for the ability to kill all background apps at once.

I wonder how the call blocking works...through contacts, I guess, eh?

Those two features are important to me.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
I'm hoping I will be able to toggle the hotspot on and off. Otherwise I might just have to keep my jailbreak.

Zephyer

macrumors member
May 22, 2013
keep in mind this is still beta. the 3g on/off and hotspot are pretty nice ideas, i bet someone told them that by now.

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
My wish list is short...be nice to have a toggle that turns on and off the sound: ringer, incoming emails and messages, et cetera. I keep my phone in an Otterbox and getting to the tiny switch on the side is a PITA.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
My wish list is short...be nice to have a toggle that turns on and off the sound: ringer, incoming emails and messages, et cetera. I keep my phone in an Otterbox and getting to the tiny switch on the side is a PITA.
You can probably use Do Not Disturb for that (which is in the Control Center).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.