Details on iPhone 4 Apple Store Reservations...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jeffjak25, Jun 14, 2010.

1. jeffjak25 macrumors member

jeffjak25

Can someone give me the pros and cons of in store reservations? This is my first iPhone and I really want to get it at the Apple store. Has anyone ever had any problems doing so before? Anyone get there and not have a phone?

Thanks. :D

2. SethRogen macrumors 6502

I would rather deal with the Apple Store also, so they can set up very quickly, and I can get some other goodies like a Case, an iTunes Card, and if this iPhone doesn't come with one, (iPhone 3GS didn't come with one) I'll buy a cleaning kit with cloth. Also, I love lines!.
    Plus if you reserve it, on launch you will be in the reservation line vs. the regular line and be first in the store.

3. Jnyce macrumors regular

you set it up at home, do to the fiasco that happen last year with the apple employees not being able to activate the phones in store. Due to the servers being overwhelmed.

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

The server were overwhelmed two years ago, during the 3G launch. Some customers were allowed to activate at home, during the early part of the first day. After that, activations were done in-store.

There weren't any real issues during the 3GS launch last year. Activations were done in-store

5. nowstime macrumors regular

If you have a family plan or FAN discount, I would prefer the AT&T store.

6. jhiner macrumors regular

Were there people who had problems with FAN discounts in the past? I have such a discount, but was planning on using Apple.com. I would assume it wouldn't really matter.

7. hippo206 macrumors 6502

I don't believe that there were any issues last year with the 3GS. I know the 3G had issues early in the morning.

8. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

If you have a FAN discount, why not get it through apple.com, delivered to home/work, and then just call AT&T if needed to re-apply the FAN? The AT&T stores seem to be the worst place to go, especially with the 'no phones until 6/25' line.

9. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

getting a case is a good point for getting it in the store. I still think this will be the first time I order for delivery. I'm sure my 3GS case will fit at least for now.

This will also be the first iphone I don't put any kind of shield or anything on. just belt case

10. aristobrat macrumors G5

Nothing wrong with preferring AT&T stores, but FWIW, in regards to FAN discounts/family plans, as long as your account is IRU (i.e. the phone is in your name, you get the bill), Apple should have no problem selling/upgrading you an iPhone.

If your account is CRU (i.e. company paid, you don't get a bill directly), if your account has a past-due balance, if you've suspended your account, or if your account requires manual interaction (i.e. your eligibility date is wrong, and some manager in a store "put it in a note on your account" that you are actually eligible to upgrade), then visiting an AT&T store is your best bet.

The year of the 3G, FAN discounts caused problems the first few weeks after the launch.

If you go thru Apple.com, you'll end up agreeing to renew your AT&T contract online, before you place your order.. So in the off chance they have an issue with your FAN, you'll know right away.