Detect when the radio buttons selection changed.

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by joaop, Jan 24, 2011.

1. joaop macrumors newbie

joaop

I want to detect which button is selected without the user pressing any button, is there a way to do it? Then, when the user pressed the button I want to change a Text Field text, which I also don't know how to do exactly. Thanks in advance.

2. joaop thread starter macrumors newbie

joaop

With all the respect I don't see how this can help me. If it is because of :apple:'s documentation, I already make a search on it and still can't find out how to do what I want to.

3. PatrickCocoa macrumors 6502a

4. BadWolf13 macrumors 6502

Patrick has a good point. I would recommend starting with the tutorials. Apple has put a couple in the developer section, and there's a few books on the subject in your local bookstore.

5. joaop thread starter macrumors newbie

joaop

I don't understand, for text fields we can easily detects if the text was changed (without any button), and for radio buttons no. That's weird, I'll continue my research if I find anything important I'll keep you guys updated here, maybe I can help other folks.

6. joaop thread starter macrumors newbie

joaop

OMG I made some test and then I figured out how to do it, since I was making 1 IBAction method to detect which check box was pressed, in interface builder I linked it up with the entire NSMatrix, but since each button is one button the correct code needs one IBAction per radio button, the rest was easy. :) Thank you guys for your help.