Detecting accidental double clicks?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by D A, Jul 24, 2009.

1. D A macrumors regular

I've been having some problems with my mouse (Intellimouse Explorer 3.0) as sometimes a single click of the left button is treated as two clicks. I know the problem is with the electronics in the mouse because I get this problem on other computers too.

When I was using Windows I was able to detect accidental double clicks with TweakUI. If a second click was detected within a certain amount of time it would be ignored.

Is there any tool for OS X that would do the same thing? Otherwise I may have to buy another Explorer 3.0. I'm on my 3rd one now (first one after it was re-introduced a few years back).

2. emt1 macrumors 65816

You could try decreasing/increasing the double-click speed in system preferences.

3. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

So, I don't get it - this particular mouse keeps giving you problems and you keep buying them. I have a logitech MX Laser and it's been great.

4. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

I have the same problem with my Logitech wireless mouse and usually it's a sign that the batteries are about to go. Change the batteries and the problem pretty much goes away.

mt

5. mrchinchilla macrumors 6502

mrchinchilla

I've been using an Apple Pro Mouse for years, they're brilliant!