Determine if my UDID is registered with a dev

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waterskier2007, Jun 6, 2011.

1. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

Hey guys,
    A while back I’m pretty sure a dev registered my UDID under their account so I want to get the iOS 5 when someone eventually hosts it, but I don’t want to install it if my phone is not actually registered. Is there a way to determine this without contacting the person who might have registered it (I can’t remember who it was)?

Thanks for the help

2. creeman macrumors 6502

As far as I know there is no way to tell if your UDID is on a developer list without asking the developer you registered it with.

3. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

thanks for the info

4. Impulse29 macrumors member

I'm in the same situation. The cousin of a friend is a developer and claims my ipod has been added a while ago. Never took advantage of it though so I'm not sure. Does it have to be done for each iOS version that isn't publicly distributed, or does it count for all unless it is removed? Thanks.

5. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

Counts for all.

6. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Be 100% you have your device registered before you try and install ios5 or you will likely have a hard time getting your phone back on!!

7. h4keem macrumors member

8. dbendixen macrumors member

I'm not sure if that actually works. I was just in Xcode and the only option was to "add device to provisioning portal." I think for that option you need the login information of the registered developer. That is no indication as to whether or not your UDID is registered.