Determine model # on ebay magic mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macmesser, Sep 14, 2015.

1. macmesser macrumors 6502a

I just received a mac mini bought on eBay with Magic Mouse included. The mouse came with a charger but there are no markings on the mouse itself to indicate model number. It has an Apple logo on top but no model number or other Apple markings on the bottom, but rather just a printed "mob." The charger has an "mob The Magic Charger" mark and model MO2212-49 marking. Is this in fact Apple equipment and if so what is the model number of the mouse? One never knows when recourse to the blinking manual might be necessary. ; )

Thanks for any insights.

2. PsyOpWarlord macrumors 6502

PsyOpWarlord

Generally the model number (A1296) is in the battery cover lid (at the bottom next to the lid release). It's hard to see and it wears off easily.

However it sounds like your lid was changed out to install the Mobee Magic Charger (battery/lid combo). Since that is after-market it will not have the Apple model number on it.
    http://www.mobeetechnology.com/the-magic-charger.html

3. macmesser thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! This is extremely helpful. I'll have to see if I can get the cover from seller. Would have preferred straight-up Apple mouse but so it goes with ebay.