Detox Cleanse?

HappyDude20

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
So I've been hearing about cleanses and couldn't help but be a bit intrigued. My aunt is currently on a popular cleanse called the Masters Cleanse, where you jut drink this lemon water (with pepper and maple syrup) for at least ten days. I think she is currently on her third week and has surprisingly lost like ten pounds. I'm happy for her cause she looks better and says she feel great.

However upon reading about this cleanse online dpijscovered that there is no concrete evidence that this particular cleanse actuLly detoxifies, nor provide long term weight lose results.

Nevertheless I'm personally interested in ping some sort of detox, for both body and mind.
a few years ago I remember running only on water for like 3 days but then gAve in to the sweet scent of summer hot dogs. Plus, the water cleanse I was doing provided me with no energy and forced me to go to the bathroom at least once every hour.

Anywho, figured I'd come here and ask to see what others may have heard regarding cleanses, the master cleanse too, and just over on the subject.

I think I really do want to do a cleanse, considering I know I eat very healthy.

Iono. I'm all ears. :confused:;):D:confused:

GyroFX

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2002
Los Angeles and NorCal
cleanses are only meant to "cleanse" you, not a reliable form of weight lose. What you lose will most likely gain back after the cleanse. One has to start eating more healthy, exercise, etc to lose weight more effectively. The cleanse probably does a decent job of clearing internal build ups.

Comment

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
where you jut drink this lemon water (with pepper and maple syrup) for at least ten days. I think she is currently on her third week and has surprisingly lost like ten pounds.
She consumes nothing but lemon water, pepper and syrup for 3 weeks and you think it's "surprising" that she's lost 10 pounds? :p

Plus, the water cleanse I was doing provided me with no energy and forced me to go to the bathroom at least once every hour.
Really?

I think I really do want to do a cleanse, considering I know I eat very healthy.
If you already eat healthily, there's absolutely no need to cleanse whatsoever... that's what the kidneys, liver and gastrointestinal tract are for... Oh that and there's absolutely no proof that ANY detox/cleanse actually work of course.

Comment

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
There are 2 billion people in this world who go through a similar level of cleansing on a daily basis. They're either barely surviving, or nearly dead, and I guarantee you that none of them chose to cleanse themselves. :rolleyes:

Apparently, 'common sense' isn't so common, but at least try to think for a second, even if it hurts.

If this sounds mean, then....well.....that's fine with me. Even based on our reaction, I do hope you get a sense of what most of us think of this incredibly silly idea.

Comment

danielcox

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2010
It's complete bollocks - what exactly do they cleanse us of? Ever noticed they don't say what these toxins are? That's because they're fictional.

Comment

El Cabong

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
"Cleansing" is unhealthy at best, and is based on dubious logic that incorporates little of what is actually known about our bodies, relying instead on people's flawed intuition (aka "common sense") about what happens to what we consume.

There are 2 billion people in this world who go through a similar level of cleansing on a daily basis.
On that note, I think that if the swindlers who market these cleansing products/diets could legally sell a Dysentery Cleanse, they would.

The Dual Action Cleanse people came pretty close:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qga7-6t04gs

Comment

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
cleanses are only meant to "cleanse" you, not a reliable form of weight lose. What you lose will most likely gain back after the cleanse. One has to start eating more healthy, exercise, etc to lose weight more effectively. The cleanse probably does a decent job of clearing internal build ups.
This..........

Comment

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
However upon reading about this cleanse online dpijscovered that there is no concrete evidence that this particular cleanse actuLly detoxifies, nor provide long term weight lose results.
You will never find any reputable scientific evidence that "cleansing" does anything other than make you take a dump.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.