Deus Ex: HR

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by TallManNY, Jun 17, 2012.

1. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

I'm thinking of getting Deus Ex: HR. Probably for a little later in the summer. I have Bootcamp set up for some gaming, though I don't particular like going into it. So I could do PC version (maybe off of Steam for $30) or Mac version off of App Store for $50. Being able to jump in and play while in my normal OSX environment is worth something to me. But if experience is better in PC, that is also worth something. I've got the AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB on my 2011 iMac, so I should be able to run decent settings in either OS.

Any suggestions of which version to get.

2. Sapientia macrumors newbie

An iMac will probably be able to run with descent settings, but generally PC's run games better.

3. Confusius macrumors regular

The Steam version is on sale (75% off) until June 25th: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15147/

4. TallManNY thread starter macrumors 68040

TallManNY

That is a great deal on Steam. I wonder if eventually I will also get the Mac version if I buy through Steam. While I want to support Mac gaming, I think I have to go with this bargain and play in bootcamp.

5. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

No, Feral doesn't put their ports on Steam. They're a separate company that does Mac ports, so if you have the PC version and then get the Mac version on Steam, they wouldn't get any money, which of course makes no business sense for them.

--Eric

6. leman macrumors 604

The game will run with no problems on your iMac (I played it on an iMac with similar specs). It won't be highest settings though.

7. UrgArg macrumors newbie

8. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

I don't have the Mac version. However, if you're considering the Mac version, you'd be hard pressed to find a better developer than Feral Interactive to buy a Mac port from.