Deus Ex on intel mac?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by stlredbird, Sep 18, 2009.

1. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

Anyone know if and how Deus Ex runs on a new Intel Mac? Or will it even run in OS X?

thx

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I don't think I does. Or it runs really bad. Your best chance is to find a cider version of it. You will have to look for it on the questionable sites (but only if you own the game).

3. stlredbird thread starter macrumors 6502

stlredbird

I definitely own the game. I actually own two copies, one mac and one PC version. I want to play it on my MacBook Pro though not my desktop PC. I'll take a look for the this Cider version.

4. Cycom macrumors 6502

Cycom

There is no Mac version of Deus Ex.

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Maybe not Invisible War, but the original game was about my favourite time waster on my mac.

6. stlredbird thread starter macrumors 6502

stlredbird

What are you talking about?
    I suppose we never landed on the moon either.

7. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

The Mac version of Deus Ex only runs in Classic, so that's a no-go on Intel Macs. I believe PC version runs OK using Crossover.

--Eric

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

There's always bootcamp for the PC version. I picked up my second copy for $1.98 at Microcenter last year -- in the box and unopened. :) It runs under XP64, where as I can't even play System Shock 2 without it crashing.

9. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

What?!?!

[​IMG]

There is no Mac version of Deus Ex.

10. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Here is a thread from another forum that lists how to convert some full version PC games to Mac using their demos. I know that Dues Ex is listed as not working, has anything changed since then?

I believe the reason it doesn't work is because the Mac demo is classic and not Intel, right?

Just a thought.

InsanelyMac forum
    NOTE : This is not a way to get FREE games, but just a way to port legally purchased PC titles to full Mac using the Mac demo. You still have to BUY the full version.

11. PeteB macrumors 6502a

PeteB

Woah.. Hearing that name after so long really took me back to my old PC days...

12. Cycom macrumors 6502

Cycom

Haha. Big fail for me. There is no OSX version, though, correct?

13. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

It works via Crossover Games.. played it like that on my Unibody Macbook, no issues runs great. It's an old game so no problems.

btw I bought it on steam and played it through that. Crossover has great steam support.

14. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Apparently there was support for running it in Classic, but since so much of the user-base has gone to Intel ... either Crossover or Bootcamp are the usual methods.

15. Vishy macrumors newbie

Vishy

Several years too late to answer this but I'm amazed!!!! I have seen this kind of comment repeatedly on Mac forums... "there is NO Mac version of ..."

Why does anyone answer questions when they don't know?

Yes there is a Mac version, and no it will not run on Mac OS X or Intel Macs. It was made and released for Mac OS 9.2.2, I own it as I do over a hundred big titles for Mac.

Just today I saw someone else saying that there was NO Age of Empires One for Mac!!!!! It's amazing as I said!