Dev Idea: Music Controls always on

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Benji222, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

A mod to make the music controls always on or always on when playing music.

Maybe it already exists?

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Why would you want this?

3. Benji222 thread starter macrumors 65816

Benji222

Well i would want it so that when music is playing the controls come up immediately when i press lock or home instead of pressing lock and then 2x home.

4. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

My God are you really that lazy ???

if your phone is locked just press the home button three times and the ipod menu will pop up.

you already have to unlock it, it only takes a few nano seconds more to click the home button two more times

5. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Have you tried doing this with activator?

6. Benji222 thread starter macrumors 65816

Benji222

I change and listen to music a lot... im nto really that lazy.
    I just think it would be a nice addition.

I dont really know how to do it with activator.

7. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Hmm, I don't know if it's possible, it might require two pushes of the unlock button on the phone, which isn't exactly what you want.

8. thelatinist, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010

thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

There is a great commercial tweak called Music Controls which can add controls and track info to the status bar. It also adds a heads-up display with music controls, current song, and album artwork to the normal fast-app-switcher screen. Music Controls also gives you swipe controls from the lock screen when music is playing -- even when the phone is locked! Just double-tap to play/pause, swipe right or left for skip/repeat.

ItsJustafnPhone: don't be an ass.

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'd say I'm not listening to music about 5% of the time if I'm out with my phone, but have never had this problem. Phone in pocket - Use headphone controls. Phone in hand, locked. Double tap home, controls come up. In app or phone unlocked - Double tap to bring up multi-tasking bar, swipe for controls. Seriously, I'm not sure how it could get easier than that. Beyond which, if you actually had persistent player controls, it would A) eat up a lot of screen real estate, and B) become pretty obnoxious and intrusive if you're not using them at the moment.

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

iPod app doesn't do this, but displays the same info on the lock screen if music is playing. You still have to turn the screen on to access this, correct? Not a step up.

iPod app already does this, minus the album art.

iPod app already does this and I'm imagining more gracefully.

So basically what your saying is that this adds controls to the menu bar (ok) and album art in the multi-task bar (ok?) I'm just curious as to how often the OP is changing music that the 0.25 seconds they save by hitting the top of the screen versus headphones method or the 2 click to the multi-task bar method is actually meaningful.

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Look into music controls in cydia it's a paid app but it does some of the stuff you want. I think it's $5

12. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

are you even running iOS 4.0? what you are asking for is completely superfluous except for extremely lazy people.

phone on: double click home brings up multitask / audio menu

phone off, triple click home button brings up audio menu

13. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

Just use activator its awesome. I have my sleep button set to short hold next track, double press prev track. Its quite convenient to change songs without pulling your phone out.

14. Benji222 thread starter macrumors 65816

Benji222

yeah i am. i dont understand why everybody is makign a huge deal out of this.
    im just curious as to if a tweak like this exists.
    its just like no bookmarks for safari, it saves u one click that you do a lot when opening safari....

Thanks for Music Controls.
    ill check it out