Dev Team announces untethered 2G jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Night Spring, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

But I just can't believe they were planning to keep this under wraps until the next iPhone came out. That would have left Touch 2G owners juggling with a tethered jailbreak until July, if Apple sticks to their past iPhone release schedule. I can understand wanting to stay ahead of the cat-and-mouse game with Apple, and they are, after all, the *iPhone* Dev Team, but right now I feel like the unwanted relative who has overstayed the welcome without realizing it, and just overheard the family talking about how they really felt about you. :(

2. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

Finally! :D After all the waiting!

Thanks for keeping us updated!

3. napalm588 macrumors newbie

They only have a patch to go from the tethered version to the untethered version... Do i need to go through the process of jailbreaking my ipod with what was available a week ago, then apply this patch? Or will people build gui's soon?

4. TMC2k1 macrumors member

Im also wondering this. Hopefully a gui comes soon.

5. qacjared macrumors regular

now I can replace my original week 38 gen 1 iTouch.

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

There's a (currently Windows-only) GUI out called QuickFreedom that (most) people have been fairly happy with.

Still contemplating jailbreaking, waiting for an update to PwnageTool or QuickPwn...trying to see if the pros outweigh the obvious cons...

7. TMC2k1 macrumors member

Yeah, i found this out earlier. Thanks though! It was extremely easy and I recommend everyone to use the QuickFreedom GUI.

8. slieu92 macrumors regular

does quickfreedom come with installer?

9. i-do macrumors member

yes it does i am just trying to install it but first i am updating the version i didnt do that yet////:eek:

10. i-do macrumors member

quick freedom

yes it does i am just trying to install it but first i am updating the version i didnt do that yet.....:eek:

EDIT:quick freedom sucks!!i almost destroyed my ipod with it...... :mad::mad::mad:
    that was spoused to be the edit

11. Plastic Mutiny macrumors newbie

Has anyone got a link or news upon the QuickPwn for a iPod touch 2nd Gen?

I'm looking abouts but I'm not sure what to be aiming to find, help would be greatly appreciated :D.