Devanagari font

Discussion in 'macOS' started by utahoboe, Nov 11, 2015.

1. utahoboe macrumors newbie

utahoboe

I signed up on pronunciator.com and was attempting to start their Hindi courses, however none of the browsers I use will display the Devanagari font used in the lessons (which are Flash-based). I've tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome, tweaked every imaginable browser and system setting and all I get are blank boxes (or asterisks if I click on them). I'm able to use the site with all the browsers I have on my Windows 10 partition, but am having zero luck getting it to work on the Mac (2011 iMac, El Cap). I'll enclose a screenshot of what I'm seeing. Any help appreciated :)

NoDevan.png

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

3. utahoboe thread starter macrumors newbie

utahoboe

Yep...Devanagari MT, Devanagari Sangam MN, the Kohinoor set, and I also installedSanskrit 2003.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

You should start a support ticket with the website. There is a similar issue with Windows XP that they mention on their site but nothing about Mac.

5. utahoboe thread starter macrumors newbie

utahoboe

Yep, I did that. They're response:

"I found this on a forum just now: "Devanagari seems to work if you use Apple's Kohinoor font."
    I hope that helps!"

Well, the font is on my system, but obviously is not being accessed/utilized. FWIW, I did have to download the whole East Asian language support software to get the Hindi script work in Windows 10 (can't believe they're latest Windows support is for XP!), so I wonder if there's a similar need for OS X. Determined to figure this out...