Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Internet Enzyme

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2016
I’m not noticing anything different upon my first several minutes here. The same things that dont seem to work still dont. How about you guys?

Reactions: TheAppleFairy

MacBookSteve

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2018
Mouse didn't work after the first reboot, so I had to shutdown and reboot and the mouse came back. How do they not test this stuff lol?

Internet Enzyme

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2016
Mouse didn't work after the first reboot, so I had to shutdown and reboot and the mouse came back. How do they not test this stuff lol?

For me when I initially installed Mojave, my Logitech management prefpane didn't work at all and some of the neat features from the MX Master were not working. But for some reason when I uninstalled it and reinstalled it's working fine for me.

kaioshade

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2010
My touchpad fortunately did not have any issues.

The iMessage notification is now properly displaying the names of contacts instead of just the phone number.
Going to dig around some more.

MacBookSteve

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2018
My touchpad fortunately did not have any issues.

The iMessage notification is now properly displaying the names of contacts instead of just the phone number.

Yes! this is a nice improvement.
[doublepost=1529458838][/doublepost]Bootcamp assistant still has white text on a white background in DarkMode. completely unreadable unless you are not in Dark Mode

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
News is better for me. It worked in Beta 1 but now it loads all of topics from iPad and iPhone. It has better scroll as well.

online919

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2018
My Mail, Messages, Kiwi Gmail were all working well in beta 1, after beta 2, all started crashing, couldn't even launch Messages, I had completely wipe off the data for all of them, then all started working. Very strange.

Internet Enzyme

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2016
The thing that really annoys me is how spotlight is kinda busted. It wont open applications. Ive been through spotlight settings and it just refuses to open apps

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Logins in Safari, such as Macrumors forums login for me, seem to be lost after the beta 2. I have to re-enter creds each time I want to enter the forums. I look around, post, whatever, then quit/relaunch Safari, and login is gone again for MacRumors. I do check the "Keep Logged In" box, but that does not help. Other sites logins are just gone. Saved logins still work in other browsers, such as FireFox.
It seems to be Safari (v12) only, at least for me.

technoholic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2016
Logins in Safari, such as Macrumors forums login for me, seem to be lost after the beta 2. I have to re-enter creds each time I want to enter the forums. I look around, post, whatever, then quit/relaunch Safari, and login is gone again for MacRumors. I do check the "Keep Logged In" box, but that does not help. Other sites logins are just gone. Saved logins still work in other browsers, such as FireFox.
It seems to be Safari (v12) only, at least for me.

Exactly the same issue for me, have reported it through Feedback Assistant

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
In Beta 1, my FaceTime app would take ages to load and sometimes say there was no camera (Macbook pro). Now on beta2 it still takes ages to open but the camera always works.

Starting this beta, the Calendar app always opens with a window that's too small for me rather than remembering the size it last opened at. Had this bug ages ago in some of the Sierra betas, and it's odd that it's come back.

Maybe a coincidence but TimeMachine marked my backup sparsebundle as corrupt and insisted on doing a new, fresh backup. I kept the old sparsebundle and may go through the hassle of unlocking it, attaching it and running fsck on it.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
The thing that really annoys me is how spotlight is kinda busted. It wont open applications. Ive been through spotlight settings and it just refuses to open apps
Same for me. It *finds* the app and nicely opens the directory, usually /Applications, where it resides, but then I have to open it from there. This started in beta 1. I re-indexed the drive (well, I think I did - I added the entire SSD in Spotlight / Privacy then removed it again) to no avail.

Reactions: Internet Enzyme

Internet Enzyme

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2016
Same for me. It *finds* the app and nicely opens the directory, usually /Applications, where it resides, but then I have to open it from there. This started in beta 1. I re-indexed the drive (well, I think I did - I added the entire SSD in Spotlight / Privacy then removed it again) to no avail.

Yeah I did that same thing with privacy settings but Im not sure how good of a job that does. Might have to go to terminal. I just find that when i type in spotify it gives me all contextual web bs when all i want is just to open the damned app

Reactions: adrianlondon

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I made spotlight reindex my ssd and it still wont open apps. I could try a few other things i guess

Just tried it again and was able to open 3 different apps that were not previously running... Just to confirm, you're talking about doing the CMD+SPACE keys and typing the name of an installed app, correct?

It's worked in both beta 1 and beta 2.

Very strange that it's not working for everyone.

Reactions: adrianlondon
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.