[Developer beta 6]Could not load Network preference panel

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by emax81, Aug 15, 2017.

1. emax81 macrumors newbie

Hi,

after this new beta, I have this error :

Could not load Network preference panel

There is a work-around to fix it or is a bug ?!?

2. Crash0veride, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017

Crash0veride macrumors regular

Crash0veride

I came on here because my Ethernet interface stopped working after this update, so another network bug. However, I just fixed my issue by going to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ and deleted "preferences.plist" (after making a backup on my desktop). This caused the Network Pane to come up blank and crash if I tried to add any interfaces/services, but when I created a "Location" using the menu at the top middle, my pane reloaded with all my previous settings missing (VPN configurations) but everything functional and a new "preferences.plist" in the afore mentioned folder.

3. SadChief macrumors regular

SadChief

Same here even after re-installing Developer Beta 6 from scratch.

4. emax81 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you but this fix not work for me :(

5. ssn637 macrumors 6502

I'm having the same problem since High Sierra Beta 5, and the only solution I've found so far is to copy the original Network.prefpane file from a clean installation to a backup folder, which I use to replace the file located under /System/Library/PreferencePanes whenever the error message is displayed. This allows me to open network settings again, but for some reason my NetBIOS settings under the WINS tab are never properly saved.

6. emax81 thread starter macrumors newbie

I re-install full package (Install macOS High Sierra Beta, size 5,17Gb) and now works ;)

7. SadChief macrumors regular

SadChief

As for me, I managed to make it work again correctly by un-installing CleanMyMac 3.9 beta. Before that I tried the obvious High Sierra re-install but to no avail.