Developer groups for stay in hotels in WWDC.

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by DavidChavez, Apr 19, 2010.

1. DavidChavez macrumors member

Since past summer in 2009, my golden dream is go to San Francisco for the Worldwide Developers Conference. I would die if I don't go this year.
    So I've been looking for tips and advices for the trip. I live outside the USA, but I read that before the WWDC some groups of developers get together and stay in hotels for save some money. San Francisco is an expensive city.

And I wanted to know if anyone know about some groups, please tell me, the WWDC is my golden goal.

By the way: Some of you have more tips or advices for a guy like me wantin' to go to the Worldwide Developers Conference?

2. jpyc7 macrumors 6502

I don't know anything about developer groups that do this.

If you're willing to live temporarily with strangers, there are websites that let you find non-hotel accomodations with people who rent out space in their homes (or apartments). One of them is airbnb.com, but there is another called couchsurfing.com. A google or bing search will probably show other competitors.

SF has hostels, but they might not be a good idea for brining expensive computer equipment.