Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jweaver

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
I have ignored all the talk of an iPad 3/HD this year as i just dont believe it. But I just got an update to an app called "Doodle Dandy". One of the new features is "prepare UI for iPad HD"! does this mean that the developers have some concrete information that a new iPad is indeed on the way?

Jon

jweaver

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Probably no solid information. Their just being proactive based on the rumors.

But how can they update their UI if the hasn't Been confirmed? I still don't believe that a new model is coming but I find it odd that a developer would be so bold!

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
But how can they update their UI if the hasn't Been confirmed? I still don't believe that a new model is coming but I find it odd that a developer would be so bold!

He is just being ahead of the curve. He saw the same rumors everyone does. A developer can do that if they wish. He knows nothing other than what we all know.

interwebs

macrumors member
May 26, 2011
By mentioning iPad HD, the developer draws more attention to the app than would otherwise be accorded.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
I have ignored all the talk of an iPad 3/HD this year as i just dont believe it. But I just got an update to an app called "Doodle Dandy". One of the new features is "prepare UI for iPad HD"! does this mean that the developers have some concrete information that a new iPad is indeed on the way?

Jon

Apple isn't going to give confidential product info to developers. It would be spread all over the Internet in about 3 seconds. Just like all of the twits that upload the dev previews of IOS an OS X seconds after they're released.

Stefx73

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2011
Canada

Jon

You honestly think Apple would tell this solo dev?

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
I'm a dev and I don't get info on new iPads or iPhones, even though in the past and still now certain devs do get that info (only notable ones usually game devs) but I'm not familiar with that app. The dev of that app is prob speculating, even if they did get info they sign a NDA.

JeepGuy

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2008
Barrie
the app store is littered with app called ipad HD, example Angry Birds HD, Real Racing 2 HD. I beleave it enhanced for iPad 2's dual cores.

blackNBUK

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2010
UK

They are probably just guessing that an iPad HD is going to have the same sort of resolution doubling as the Retina display of the iPhone 4, and including higher-res versions of their artwork in their App.

jweaver

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2011
Just to give you an update on this, I wrote to the developer asking what he ment by "iPad HD" and it turns out that he hasn't even heard the rumors.

But.. He said that he had read that iOS5 has support for an iPad with 2x resolution, so he build this into his app.

So its wasn't relevant after all...

Jon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.