developer in mac os

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by noyes146, Mar 27, 2008.

1. noyes146 macrumors newbie

noyes146

Hi

I am a developer in java technology, i am always using windows system and do everything in window platform, but now i want change my mind to try the mac os, anyone has and suggestion about using mac os to develop java programme, i searched much sources expressing there is no different with the tools(eclipse,netbean),:D, i want your suggestion and advice.that is important for me.:D:apple:

2. JEB229 macrumors member

3. noyes146 thread starter macrumors newbie

noyes146

which verison? 6.0 or 5.5, before i used the netbean 5.5 to develop mobile game, it is a good tools and more function there.

4. hotdamn macrumors 6502

writing java under OS X is awesome! seriously, you don't need to install anything and it works super fine.

I use textmate and the terminal. oldskool ;)

5. noyes146 thread starter macrumors newbie

noyes146

:D maybe you are expert but not me, i am a new guy learning java only two years, maybe txtmate's result is the same with using tools but i need some hint from tool, when i click the ".", netbean and jbuilder will display the method which i could use, that is why i should using tool, :D:apple::p thanks your advice, maybe i will do liking this after two years.:D

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Eclipse is a little bloated, but the tooltips are nice.

I use emacs and compile and run it in terminal.

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

OMG dont use emacs use vim!

...oh wait this isnt the linux forums :p

I havent programmed on a mac yet as my first ever mac is still in the mail but I second netbeans. I was REALLY impressed with it. Its on my eeePC that runs windows should I ever need to program while traveling.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No the pros use butterflies...